REQUESTING ITEMS (HOLDS)
Effective November 1, 2022, the Matawan-Public Library is no longer offering porch pickup. Patrons who wish to pick-up an item can use our catalog item hold feature to place a hold on an item. The requested item will be pulled from our shelves and made available at the Circulation Desk for pickup.
How to place a hold:
- Search for the book or other item that you want in our online catalog.
- To search, type keywords such as author, title, or subject into the search bar.
- When you locate the item you would like to request, please click on the “Place Hold” button located on the upper right-hand corner across from the title.
- You will be asked for your library card number and PIN. The PIN is the last four digits of your library card unless you have manually changed that information.
- The Matawan-Aberdeen Public Library is the default pick-up location if you are using our card.
- You will be notified that the item is ready for pickup via text (SMS), or a phone call if you did not sign up for text notification.
- If you have any further questions, or are having trouble with placing a hold, please call us at (732)583-9100.